APPLICATION IS NOW CLOSED
March 19–21, 2017 | Dubai, UAE
|Robert S. Kaplan, PhD|
Salmaan Keshavjee, MD, PhD
Strategy and Value Measurement for Global Health Care Delivery is a three-day intensive course designed to teach the fundamentals of accounting, strategy and value measurement for global health care delivery. The course materials are culled from programs taught across Harvard University and assembled specifically for health care delivery professionals. This program will engage participants in the analysis of case studies that describe efforts to improve health care delivery in resource-poor settings. It will illuminate principles and frameworks for the design of efficient and effective global health interventions. This course will take place in Dubai, UAE.
This course will educate participants in three main components of value-based health care for global health care delivery:
- Measurement of outcomes at the medical condition level.
- Measurement of costs at the medical condition level over complete episodes of care.
- Innovation for health care delivery in emerging markets.
After completion of the course, participants will be able to:
- Distinguish among various types of outcome metrics for a medical condition and leverage outcome measurement for innovation and process improvements in health care delivery systems.
- Recognize the deficits in existing cost systems and learn how to implement time-driven activity based costing (TDABC) to simultaneously drive clinical and financial improvements, while maintaining or improving patient outcomes.
- Understand how value-based health care principles can be deployed in both developed and developing country settings.
This course is intended for senior clinical, financial, and management leaders in health care delivery organizations that have a demonstrated commitment to global health as well as an interest in value measurement.
Date and Location
The course will be held March 19–21, 2017 at the Harvard Medical School Center for Global Health Delivery–Dubai, United Arab Emirates.
The program tuition of USD 3,500 covers tuition, case materials, and most meals. A limited number of need-based scholarships are available.
For more information about the course, please contact the Harvard Medical School Center for Global Health Delivery–Dubai at +971 4 22 1742 or via e-mail.