The Harvard Medical School Center for Global Health Delivery–Dubai will fund Harvard Medical School students (MD, PhD, MMSc) working on research that complements the mission of the Center. A Harvard faculty mentor is required and the student will complete at least one phase of the design, implementation, or analysis of a research program.
Ideal proposals will contribute to the body of knowledge aimed at initiating or improving health care delivery with the goal of addressing a delivery gap and improving treatment outcomes. Preference will be given to onsite research in the UAE or the Center’s region (the Middle East and parts of Asia, Africa and Eastern Europe).Eligibility Criteria
Matriculation at Harvard Medical School.
Each award recipient will receive up to USD 10,000.
Step 1: Submit a Letter of Intent (LOI) addressing the following questions (maximum of 2 pages):
- What is the global health problem that your research will address?
- What specific health care delivery gap will your research address?
- What do you propose to do? Please provide a simple description of the overall research plan that summarizes the (a) research objectives; (b) methods; and (c) expected results.
- What is the project timeline including milestones/deliverables?
- Please provide a general idea of your anticipated budget as well as a general budget justification.
The LOI is due no later than January 12, 2018. LOIs will be evaluated by a committee. Selected students will be invited to submit a full proposal.
To be considered for either of these awards, please submit the LOI to email@example.com and reference in the subject line: LOI-Harvard Medical School Student Research Award.
Step 2: Selected students invited to submit proposals will be notified no later than February 9, 2018. Full proposals will be due no later than March 9, 2018.
RFP Schedule for Step 2
|Invitation to submit a full application e-mailed to selected finalists||Friday, February 9, 2018|
|Full application due||Friday, March 9, 2018|
|Funding decisions sent by e-mail||Monday, April 30, 2018|