Please note that funding is not available during 2020. The following is provide for informational purposes only.
The Harvard Graduate Student Research Award will support advanced graduate students from Harvard University working on a dissertation or thesis research that addresses some of the most pressing health challenges in Dubai, the UAE, and the Center's region.
Matriculation at a Harvard school is required to be eligible for this award.Funding
Graduate students will receive up to USD 25,000 per award (based on a full year of research; funds will be prorated for shorter periods of research).How to Apply
There is a two-step application process:
Step 1: Submit a Letter of Intent (LOI) addressing the following questions (maximum of 2 pages):
- What is the global health problem that your research will address?
- What specific health care delivery gap will your research address?
- What do you propose to do? Please provide a simple description of the overall research plan that summarizes the (a) research objectives; (b) methods; and (c) expected results.
- What is the project timeline including milestones/deliverables?
- Please provide a general idea of your anticipated budget as well as a general budget justification.
The LOI is due no later than January 12, 2018. LOIs will be evaluated by a committee. Selected students will be invited to submit a full proposal.
To be considered for either of these awards, please submit the LOI to firstname.lastname@example.org and reference in the subject line: LOI-Harvard Graduate Student Award.
Step 2: Selected students invited to submit proposals will be notified no later than February 9, 2018. Full proposals will be due no later than March 9, 2018.
RFP Schedule for Step 2
|Invitation to submit a full application e-mailed to selected finalists||Monday, February 9, 2018|
|Full application due||Monday, March 9, 2017|
|Funding decisions sent by e-mail||Thursday, April 30, 2018|