The Harvard Graduate Student Research Award will support advanced graduate students from Harvard University working on a dissertation or thesis research that addresses some of the most pressing health challenges in Dubai, the UAE, and the Center's region.
Matriculation at a Harvard school is required to be eligible for this award.Funding
Graduate students will receive up to USD 25,000 per award (based on a full year of research; funds will be prorated for shorter periods of research).How to Apply
There is a two-step application process:
Step 1: Submit a Letter of Intent (LOI) addressing the following questions (maximum of 2 pages):
- What is the global health problem that your research will address?
- What specific health care delivery gap will your research address?
- What do you propose to do? Please provide a simple description of the overall research plan that summarizes the (a) research objectives; (b) methods; and (c) expected results.
- What is the project timeline including milestones/deliverables?
- Please provide a general idea of your anticipated budget as well as a general budget justification.
The LOI is due no later than January 12, 2018. LOIs will be evaluated by a committee. Selected students will be invited to submit a full proposal.
To be considered for either of these awards, please submit the LOI to email@example.com and reference in the subject line: LOI-Harvard Graduate Student Award.
Step 2: Selected students invited to submit proposals will be notified no later than February 9, 2018. Full proposals will be due no later than March 9, 2018.
RFP Schedule for Step 2
|Invitation to submit a full application e-mailed to selected finalists||Monday, February 9, 2018|
|Full application due||Monday, March 9, 2017|
|Funding decisions sent by e-mail||Thursday, April 30, 2018|